If you’re looking for a mission-driven job at the intersection of technology, advocacy, and culture, look no further. Citizen is a remote company that offers progressive benefits like unlimited PTO, 16 weeks paid parental leave, and flexible work arrangements. Plus, our team is as ideologically diverse as its partners. All are welcome to apply.
Don’t see a relevant position below? Check back soon (we’re growing rapidly) or shoot your resume to [email protected]
Director of Growth
Citizen seeks an experienced, strategic, and highly motivated Director of Growth to develop a robust and comprehensive growth capability for Citizen, overseeing and leading the company’s business development and account management functions. This role is responsible for cultivating, maintaining, and deepening Citizen partner relationships from a sales and revenue perspective, as well as supporting Citizen’s leadership team in defining and executing upon a clear vision for Citizen’s overall growth strategy and quickly-expanding business portfolio.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience leading growth and/or business development efforts, as well as hands-on experience in account management and sales. Preferably, this candidate will come with demonstrated experience managing teams and a passion for developing talent and building capabilities. This candidate must also come with background knowledge of the unique Citizen marketspace: the social impact sector, including non-profits, government, policy, and public affairs, and a combination of tech, digital, data, and non-partisan issue advocacy. Interest in engaging in civil discourse, bridging divides, ending hyper-polarization, and working across difference toward a healthy democracy are pluses.
Citizen is a remote company, and is happy to consider employees from all locations for this position.
- Work with Citizen leadership team to set and execute a clear growth strategy for Citizen, creating CMAs, establishing a diverse and robust portfolio, and setting clear metrics to evaluate success including tracking outreach, leads, opportunities and revenue
- Lead and oversee Citizen business development and account management functions, introducing and implementing the right tools, processes, systems, and procedures to generate, cultivate, and maintain relationships with partners and securing sales by helping partners understand how Citizen can support them
- Manage teams in the future, developing direct reports and coaching them to success
- Assist in defining and adjusting price points for Citizen products and services by working with Citizen’s Chief Operating Officer and Partner Success function to track and analyze project P&Ls and competitor pricing
- Support Citizen marketing efforts, working hand-in-hand with the Citizen leadership team
- Serve as a leader in supporting Citizen leadership broadly with high-level company strategy
- Represent Citizen to partners, stakeholders, and investors, as well as at conferences, events, and other forward-facing activities
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 7 years’ minimum leadership experience across growth, business development, account management, or sales, preferably in industries related to Citizen’s work, including social impact, tech, digital, data, and/or advocacy
- Experience managing and developing teams
- Demonstrated ability to develop comprehensive growth strategies and market analyses
- Organized, data-driven, metrics-focused and goal-oriented work style
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop and maintain lasting and growing relationships
- Motivated by a desire to help others by strategically designing and delivering innovative solutions
- Demonstrated understanding of Citizen’s unique market space
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing start-up environment
- Collaborative, team player
Please email your resume and a brief cover letter, including your salary requirements, to [email protected]