If you’re looking for a mission-driven job at the intersection of technology, advocacy, and culture, look no further. Citizen is a remote company that offers progressive benefits like unlimited PTO, 16 weeks paid parental leave, and flexible work arrangements. Plus, our team is as ideologically diverse as its partners. All are welcome to apply.
Don’t see a relevant position below? Check back soon (we’re growing rapidly) or shoot your resume to [email protected]
Citizen Data seeks a qualified and experienced Data Analyst to compile, organize, and convey data analyses to Citizen partners. The Data Analyst will be a key member of the founding data team as it identifies trends, generates insights, delivers quantitative and visual analyses, and continuously improves its existing data infrastructure.
The ideal candidate will have a background in data analysis, data-driven research, and/or data visualization. In addition to producing various data analyses outputs, he or she will interface with Citizen partners to help manage partners, field questions, and communicate the implications of the data.
Citizen does data differently. Citizen seeks a Data Analyst with an innovative, entrepreneurial spirit who can continue pushing the company forward and keep it on the cutting edge.
- Collaborate with Citizen Data Scientists to perform partner-facing data analytic tasks, including reporting and generating visualizations on statistical models, trends in first party datasets, survey results, and more
- Convey results of data analysis with basic, intuitive reports, visualizations and presentations (using softwares such as Excel, Tableau, Qlik charts, etc.)
- Perform supporting research and project tasks as needed to enhance the quality of data analyses
- Interface with Citizen partners to field questions and help them understand data analyses
- Support Citizen Data leadership in the development of Citizen’s broader data strategy, infrastructure, and product roadmap
- Collaborate with Citizen’s Account and Partner Success Managers to deliver products to and support Citizen clients
- Bachelor’s Degree in science, technology, data visualization, engineering, mathematics, computer science, economics, or a related technical discipline; Master’s Degree a plus
- 3-5 experience in analytics, data visualization or data-driven research
- 3-5 years experience with Python or SQL
- 3-5 years experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Qlik, or d3.js
- Familiarity with a wide variety of data sources, including databases, public or private APIs and standard data formats
- Experience working with voter and/or consumer files preferred
- Familiarity Amazon Web Services a plus
- A problem solver with great data intuition
- Ability to be partner-facing and help others understand implications of analyses
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Competency in the application of G-Suite
- Demonstrated commitment to using data for the public interest
Please email your resume and a cover letter to [email protected].